Surfers Against Suicide (SAS) is an initiative created by Komunity project. The objective of SAS is to galvanize the international surfing community to raise and distribute funds to support organizations that contribute to a reduction in death by suicide by promoting health and resilience amongst young people.
The objectives of SAS are as follows:
- To engage the international surfing community in suicide prevention and health promotion.
- To raise funding from donors, sponsors and supporters.
- To distribute funds to organizations that contribute to a reduction in death by suicide by conducting research and promoting health and resilience amongst young people
- To promote a healthy lifestyle amongst young people, particularly through surfing.
- To raise awareness of the prevalence, individual cost and social cost of suicide amongst young people
- To provide young people with access to the strategies and information required to prevent suicide
- To increase the availability of services for young people.
- To increase help seeking behavior amongst young people in need of support
SAS is looking for partners and people to support our cause. If you would like to get involved or contribute, please register your details and we'll be in touch.