Surfers Against Suicide (SAS) is an initiative created by Komunity project.
The objective of SAS is to galvanize the international surfing community
to raise awareness and funds & support organizations that contribute to
a reduction in death by suicide.
The objectives of SAS are as follows:
- To engage the international surfing community in suicide prevention and health promotion.
- To raise awareness of the prevalence, individual cost and social cost of suicide.
- To raise funding from donors, sponsors and supporters.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle amongst young people, particularly through surfing.
- To provide people with access to the strategies and information required to prevent suicide
- To increase the availability of services for those affected by suicide.
- To increase help seeking behavior amongst people in need of support
SAS is looking for partners and people to support our cause. If you would like to get involved or contribute, please register your details and we'll be in touch.